Monday, December 29, 2008

Hindi Movies: Which n why?

Dear all,

As you all know I started blogging and to continue it, I was looking for some easy subject to write on. And that's purely to make my self comfortable with self expression as well as blog.

I try to short-out my most likable movies and reasons behind it. I try to cover categorised favourite movie.

1) Sholay:
From logic, "Wo badmash hai magar bahadur hai. Khatarnak hai iss liye ke ladna jante hai. Bure hai magar insan hai." to philosophy "Sikke aur insan me shayad yahi fark hai." Sholay is never before never again movie. I cant count how many time I've seen "Sholay". I can almost speak each n every dialogue. My first ever book reading started with "Sholay-The making of classic" other than my study materials. I like from that book what Shekhar kapoor said "Indian film history can be divided into Sholay BC and Sholay AD".

Reasons:
1) Extra-ordinary dialogue, Outstanding performance and Technically superb
2) Quit fast script considering cinema of '70s
3) It covers almost each n every human emotions and relations.
4) Help-lessness of a individual and at the same time determination to take a revenge.

2) Deewar:
"Tum chahati ho main bhi muh chhupakar bhag jata?". A man's question to his mother in reference of injustice he suffer and comparing himself with his father. Real heroes of Deewar and Sholay are Salim-Javed. Nothing to say about this movie. Yash chopra's finest creation. Salim-Javed won a filmfare for its script. (Its an bad luck or irony that Sholay and Deewar both released in '75. Sholay won just one filmfare "Best editing" and for remaing awards major winners were Deewar and Aandhi in that year.)

Reasons:
1) Dark script and Intense dialogue and even power pack performances.
2) Amitabh Bachchan + Nirupa Roy
3) Amitabh Bachchan + Salim-Javed
4) Amitabh Bachchan

3) Dil Chahta Hai:
"Hum dost the, hai aur rahenge". One of the best movie describing a friendship. A friend's stand in one's life (When Saif was there with Aamir in Preity's marriage at time of proposal). And Aamir's SOS call to Aksay's house though by mistake when he was about to cry (even they departed with a dispute). I love to see this movie with my friends Kashyap, Amit and Parimal. We've seen this movie number of times. (BTW we call our selves WE4 and MTS).

Reasons:
1) Friends and Friendship presented in the move. (all most everybody can relate him/her self with this movie more or less)
2) Sense of humar among friends.
3) Very good music and songs

4) Legend of Bhagat Singh:
"Desh mere, Desh mere, meri jaan hai tu....". One of the best patriot movie I've seen. Very near to history. Though I haven't seen this movie more than couple of times but whenever I came know about its telecast during my channel surfing I watch it as much time and situation allow me to do so. When I saw this movie for the first time I literally feel the goose-bumps.

Reasons:
1) Splendid direction of Rajkumar Santoshi
2) Career best acting of Ajay Devgan till date (from my point of view)
3) Touchy song wordings and equally good music

5) Jane bhi do yaaro:
"Are ye mahabhart me akbar kaha se aa gaya?". Out of the box comic situations throughout movie. May be Priydarshan is inspired by its climax chaos. A unique movie, describing a common man's suffering by comic way.

Reasons:
1) Best sarcasm.
2) Realistic situations's presentation with nice sens of humor
3) Perfect comic timing of all the characters

6) Chocolate:
"Murtuza Arzai". One word throughout the movie hoax the audience. And at the end ??!!!!. I observed in theatre that at one or two point average viewer may loose patience or cant cope up with its script but I personally very much like this Deep Dark Chocolate. I think this is the first movie when I can't guess the suspect and/or upcoming moves of movie. And at the end I was delighted that I was totally wrong about my guesses.

Reasons:
1) Twist and turns of script.
2) Variation of pace in movie
3) I have one or two other reasons but better you should see this movie.

3 comments:

  1. Good review of the films selected.
    You can be a good film critic. Why dont you write your views to Farhan Akhtar on his show Oye! Its Friday.
    His email is farhan@oyeitsfriaday.tv

    ReplyDelete
  2. your favorite filmy trivia.. good reviews and selection of the movies.. SK ni yaad aavi gai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete